Saturday, June 25, 2011

Opening This Week: Toy Ads



First off, I am at a big job interview out of town. So sorry my posts have been less frequent this week (and it will probably be worse once I get my dream job). But I'll get to your comments soon. I also haven't had the time to see any movies lately. But I'm not missing much this week.

Cars 2 -- The sequel to what was by far the worse Pixar movie. Everyone knows Up is the best Pixar movie, but a grumpy old guy doesn't exactly make toys fly off the shelf. So there's a new Cars instead. Also, keep in mind, Monsters Inc 2 is next for Pixar, so with Toy Story 3, that is three sequels in a row from a company that prides itself on originality. I have no clue how much this is going to make at the box office with the way things are going. And remember, great Pixar movies like Wall-E and Ratatouille were relative failures compared to their budget.

But let's be honest. If Cars wasn't a Pixar film, this would be a movie starring Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy. They should be lucky anyone saw this.

Bad Teacher  -- I'm torn on this movie. I love Jason Segel but I hate Cameron Diaz. I love the director (Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story) but I hate the writers (Year One). I love Justin Timberlake's acting, but I hate everything else about him. I don't know, but the other Hard-R comedies this summer look so much better.


A Better Life --  A gritty and realistic, as well as critically acclaimed so far, look at a father in a LA barrio trying to keep his son away from gangs. And this is all from the director of the Golden Compass and Twilight New Moon. Huh?

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop -- A documentary about a post-Tonight Show, pre-TBS Conan. I love Conan and all, but his new show is so sloppy and unfunny. Except for his skit Tyler Perry's Row 11. Great irony.

Turtle: The Incredible Journey -- One of those animal migration documentaries that are all the rage now (it's a sea turtle. The journey of a desert tortoise would be the worst documentary ever). The big shocker here? This is the first ever film produced by SeaWorld.

6 comments:

  1. I don't get why they had to make a sequel. The first was not just the worst Pixar movie, but it was one of the worst CGI movies in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cars is so stupid, they are talking cars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was interested in A Better Life, until I heard who it's director was. Maybe I'll check it out. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate cars, by boyfriends talk about cars all the time haha:P

    thanks that you loving pink on me

    New outfit post ; Blue blue sky!
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired of seeing these Cars, pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy doing the voices still?? Please shoot me.

    ReplyDelete