Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bruce Campbell Birthday Week



It has been an uncharacteristically busy week for me. So here is an uncharacteristically short blog post.

Wednesday was the birthday of the Man, the Myth, the Chin, Bruce Campbell. He is now -- brace yourself -- 53 years old. And he is celebrating his birthday in style with the season premiere of his Burn Notice tonight. That's at 9 p.m. Eastern time on the USA Network. For people outside of America, that's 10 p.m. Eastern time on the torrent websites. I'm not going to lie, the first episodes of every Burn Notice season have been disappointing. Usually, they spend too much time explaining how last season's cliff hanger season finale really wasn't that important after all. But still, Burn Notice is the best show on TV that doesn't involve meth.

Speaking of things that make tons of money in more rural areas, the NASCAR inspired Cars 2 opens up this Friday, and old Brucy has a role in that film too. He plays Rod "Torque" Redline, a super spy that has so many car puns in his name, they had to give him a nick name just to fit them all. I think Cars 2 will be beginning of the end for quality Pixar, but I am at least happy I get to own another piece of Bruce Campbell merchandise.

7 comments:

  1. He has had an amazingly wide field of production value on the projects he has worked on in his career...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know that guy from Burn Notice... Least I'm pretty sure that's him. But he is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy is very funny. He's one of my favorite actors. Man, if he makes another Army of Darkness I'll go nuts. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Burn Notice was coming out so soon. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid storm knocked the power out in the middle of recording Burn Notice, plus in those first 30 minutes, he appears for all over 2 minutes. I raged pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny thing about Burn Notice: At first I had no idea who Sam Axe was. I thought he looked familiar, but he was too chubby. Later I found out it was Bruce Campbell. He's become... "wider" since Evil Dead.

    ReplyDelete