Saturday, May 28, 2011

Opening This Weekend: Hung Over Pandas

This guy knows how to party!

The Hangover Part II -- aka Bridemaids for men. The comments here give me the impression most of you weren't a big fan of the first one. The Hangover was amazing. I've seen it maybe ten times now and I still laugh like crazy at it. Well the reviews are saying the sequel is exactly the Hangover Part I. I don't think that is a bad thing, but most people aren't enjoying it too much. Whatever, I'm still seeing it tonight. Impression then.

Kung-Fu Panda Part II -- Despite my love for kung-fu and pandas, I never saw the first one. It might be good, but I'm doubting it. The ads for the sequel are really well done however. Besides spoofing Paranormal Activity and Jackass, they are making an effort to show this does have the funny Seth Rogan and Danny McBride to go along with the unfunny one hit wonder Jack Black. Still, attendance so far is down very low so far, and it is already being called a bomb. Ouch.

The Tree of Life -- Sadly, this is not about the nine realms in Norse mythology. It's a period piece drama about growing up. Brad Pitt and Sean Penn (could have sworn he retired) star. This recently won the best in show Palme d'Or award at Cannes, which means it has nothing to do with loving Hitler.

10 comments:

  1. I would say Bridesmaids is hungover for women, not the other way around. Good post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think kung fu panda is awesome. The original not the sequel, but I for sure sure want to see it..hungover pandas are sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original Kung Fu Panda is the highest grossing animated film in China, so I think the sequel will probably do pretty well internationally regardless of whether its good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! awww, poor panda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor panda lol, and I thought kung-fu panda was pretty dull as well. I love the movie though, and it is definitively worth a watch! I'm going to add both part II's to my long "must watch" list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The movies stink, but that panda doing a headstand is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Bridesmaids is totally Hangover for women. I wonder if having a female cast will affect its appeal to the masses

    ReplyDelete