Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hayao Miyazaki and Minecraft



I know Minecraft is very popular in the Blogosphere. I know Hayao Miyazaki is popular in every aspect expect in the eyes of Disney. So here are the two of them combined, forming something that will blow your mind.

I am happy when I make a small square house in Minecraft. Once, I made a hallway connecting two buildings, and I was ecstatic. Then I look online and see stuff like this. I don't even want to know how long this took them.

For those who do not know, Hayao Miyazaki is one of the greatest creative minds in film period. His works include NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Ponyo. If you have kids, nieces, nephews, brothers, or sisters, you have to get them started with some of his movies while they are young. It will affect them in a very good way. Sadly, Disney has the US rights and tends to do almost nothing except release them for a week just so they can get an Academy Award nomination. Also sadly, my favorite -- Princess Mononoke -- doesn't appear to be in this video. But it is all made up for because of that music.

This is easily the second most impressive thing I've ever seen in Minecraft. Number one is after the jump.






North Korea is Best Korea

11 comments:

  1. wow, that minecraft picture is amazing!
    how long did it take him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime I wonder why I don't have too much time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff. Love the blog, definately following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. isnt minecraft a waste of time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say that the video impressed me more. Studio Ghibli animated movies are just amazing. Cheers to the makers and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they have Minecraft in North Korea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. My favorite Miyazaki film was Kiki's delivery service. So simple but great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I didn't really expect much before I clicked play, but this is so AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... I... I wonder how much time this guy took, and I wonder if he has a life as well.

    ReplyDelete